1. Definitions. Sides.
A user within the meaning of § 13, point 1 of the Additional Provisions of the Consumer Protection Act may be only an individual. These General Warranties do not govern or apply to the relations between INVOKE® and clients – legal entities.
When selling jewelery and ornaments to a User, INVOKE® acts as a Merchant within the meaning of § 13, paragraph 2 of the Additional Provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, with all the resulting obligations.
2. INVOKE® is responsible for the lack of conformity of the consumer goods under the Consumer’s rights within the meaning of the Consumer Protection Act for a period of 30 days from the date of purchase of the jewelery / jewelleries which is not certified with a proper cash receipt.
3. The User’s claim for damages includes:
- requesting INVOKE® to repair the goods by making it fit with the trade requirements;
- when repairs under the previous text are not possible, the user requests to INVOKE® to replace the goods.
4. The right of claim can not be exercised without the user’s disposal, at the time of the claim, the cash receipt for the jewelery / jewelery subject of the claim, from which the cash receipt shall bear the name of the trader, the date of purchase and the name of the good.
4.1. The right of claim can not be exercised even if the User does not provide the jewelleries / jewelleries in its entirety.
5. The right of recourse can be exercised at the INVOKE® shop where the jewelery was purchased.
6. After the User has made the claim (verbally or in writing) within the time limit referred to in paragraph 2 above, INVOKE® enters it in a Return Register and gives the User an Incoming Number. INVOKE® reserves the right to evaluate the claim.